There was once a time when the likes of caviar, oysters and quinoa were sneered at by high society and left for the peasants to consume. Well look at them now (not the peasants, they're long gone) – luxurious gourmet delights!
Edible insects are next in line to join this culinary dynasty, and we all know that the early bird catches the worm, or in this case – the grasshopper.Despite the slightly Disney-inspired name, Jimini's Edible Grasshoppers aren't some novelty foodstuff – they're exceedingly delicious and a fantastic source of healthy nutrients.
- Roughly 40g of protein per 100g
- Contain all 9 essential amino acids
- Similar levels of Omegas 3 & 6 to fish
- Levels of Vitamin B1, B2 & B12 comparable to beef
- 2x more iron than in Spinach
Better still, these chirpy little fellas are super sustainable and easier on the environment than most traditional foods. They require much less space, water and food to produce and they release 99% fewer greenhouse gases than cows. Enough of the 'boring' facts, stop reading and treat yourself to a bag of these diminutive delights.
- Description & Tech Specs
A quick word about allegens:
Insects are part of the arthropods family and are close cousins of crustaceans, dust mites and arachnids – if you’re allergic to any of those animals, insects are not for you.
- 10g bag, contains about 15 grasshoppers (serves 1-2 people)
- Ready to eat
- Available in four delicious flavours (Greek Spices, Fruity Curry, Paprika, Pepper & Dried Tomatoes)
- 100% natural, bred and cooked in France
- Packed full of nutrients, fibre, B vitamins, omega 3, protein and iron
- Highly sustainable: they require less space, water and food to produce. 80% of the insect is edible so there's much less waste than other animals.
Dimensions: Measures approximately 7cm(W) x 7cm(H) x 7cm(D)
Delivery to Ireland
Under €10 Over €10 Over €50 €2.50 €5.00 FREE
Delivery to the EU & USA
Country Cost Austria, Belguim, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark,Spain, Estonia
Finland, France, United Kingdom, Greece, Hungary, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta
Holland, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
€10 United States €20
If you are unhappy or would simply like to return your order, we will happily refund the cost of postage to return your
item if received within 30 days from your purchase. We will only except returned items unused and in original packaging
unless the item is faulty.